Stephen F. Austin holds off Central Arkansas 54-49
CONWAY, Ark. (AP)—Eddie Williams had 10 points and 12 rebounds Wednesday night and Stephen F. Austin clinched first place in the Southland Conference East Division with a 54-49 victory over Central Arkansas.
Jordan Glynn led the Lumberjacks (21-7, 11-4) with 12 points and Walt Harris added 10. Stephen F. Austin locked up the No. 2 seed in next week’s Southland Conference tournament.
Tadre Sheppard led the Bears (8-21, 2-13) with 13 points. Jared Rehmel scored 12, all on 3-pointers.
Stephen F. Austin did most of its damage in the paint, outscoring Central Arkansas 30-10. The Bears made nine 3-pointers, four by Rehmel, but came up short.
A late 12-2 Central Arkansas run trimmed the Lumberjacks’ lead to 50-49 with 20 seconds left, but Harris and Glynn each made a pair of free throws to seal the victory.
- Stephen F. Austin holds off Central Arkansas 54-49
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Oregon stuns Kansas to reach first Final Four in 78 years
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself