Johnson’s 29 points lead Texas State to 83-76 win
SAN ANTONIO (AP)—Cameron Johnson scored 29 points and Texas State defeated UTSA 83-76 on Wednesday night.
Ryan White added 18 points for the Bobcats (14-15, 8-7 Southland).
Devin Gibson scored 13 to lead the Roadrunners (18-10, 8-7), who had their season-high five-game losing streak snapped.
After a back-and-forth beginning to the second half—six lead changes and five ties—Texas State took the lead for good with an 8-0 run that put it ahead 66-60 with 9:08 to play.
Gibson’s layup cut the lead to four, but White then scored five unanswered points for the Bobcats. UTSA didn’t get closer than six the rest of the way.
Texas State led for much of the first half and was up 17-7 4 1/2 minutes into the game. The Roadrunners, though, stayed close, and Demarco Stepter’s free throw for UTSA sent the game into halftime tied 39-all.
- Johnson's 29 points lead Texas State to 83-76 win
- Arizona's Talbott Denny injures knee, out for season
- Tennessee permitted to hire new AD before Hart's exit date
- Shawn Forrest named assistant coach for Jankovich at SMU
- Former Butler basketball star Joel Cornette dies at age 35
- Hamilton signs with Texas Tech after 3 seasons at DePaul