Sam Houston State beats Northwestern State 103-75
NATCHITOCHES, La. (AP)—Corey Allmond scored 24 points and Gilberto Clavell added 21 points to lead Sam Houston State to a 103-75 victory over Northwestern State on Wednesday night.
The Bearkats (22-6, 14-1 Southland Conference) have secured the top seed for next week’s conference tournament. Allmond hit five 3-pointers and Clavell was 8-for-10 from the field for Sam Houston State, which has won three consecutive games.
Sam Houston State shot 53.8 percent from the field (21 of 39) in the first half to take a 57-35 lead. The Bearkats used a 15-3 run to take a 42-22 lead on Josten Crow’s 3-pointer with 7:26 remaining.
Crow hit another 3 and Clavell made a layup for a 52-25 lead with 4:59 to play.
Crow scored 15 points and Preston Brown added 13 for Sam Houston State.
Damon Jones scored 21 points and Devon Baker had 17, and William Mosley had 17 rebounds for Northwestern State (10-18, 5-10).
- Sam Houston State beats Northwestern State 103-75
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four