Lehigh moves past Army 64-45
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP)—CJ McCollum scored 19 points to lead four Lehigh players in double figures in a 64-45 victory over Army in the Patriot League quarterfinals on Wednesday night.
McCollum also had seven rebounds and the top-seeded Mountain Hawks (20-10) shot 55.3 percent from the field (21-for-38) to advance to host fourth-seeded American U. (11-19) on Sunday.
Lehigh, which has won five of its past six games, shot 63.2 percent in the second half (12-for-19) to overcome a two-point deficit and outscore eighth-seeded Army 46-25 after the break.
The Mountain Hawks used a 17-6 run to take a 51-40 lead on Michael Ojo’s 3-pointer with 3:58 left. Marquis Hall’s free throws gave Lehigh a 54-42 advantage with 2:36 to play.
Ojo scored 13 points, Zahir Carrington added 12 and Hall had 10 points.
Cleveland Richard led Army (14-15) with nine points and five assists.
- UC Irvine guard sports incredibly awesome Spider-Man tattoo
- Having reached Final Four at last, Gonzaga's Mark Few says, 'Might as well win it all'
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself