Palmer, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi top Lamar 79-55
BEAUMONT, Texas (AP)—Kevin Palmer scored 28 points to spark Texas A&M-Corpus Christi to a 79-55 victory over Lamar on Wednesday night.
Palmer also had eight rebounds and four steals for the Islanders (15-14, 9-6 Southland), who shot 54.4 percent (31 of 57). Demond Watt added 11 points, and Justin Reynolds and Filip Toncinic had 10 each.
Justin Nabors had a double-double of 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Cardinals (14-17, 5-10). Anthony Miles led Lamar with 14 points, and Reggie Mathis scored 11.
Lamar led for the last time at 23-22 before Palmer personally outscored the Cardinals 10-0 over a 2:14 span. Texas A&M-Corpus Christi never was in danger after that, and the lead was in double figures the entire final 15 minutes.
The Islanders have clinched a spot in the conference tournament. Lamar is still alive but must win its finale and still would need help.
- Palmer, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi top Lamar 79-55
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four