Jacksonville advances past North Florida 76-69
MACON, Ga. (AP)—Ben Smith and Lehmon Colbert scored 24 points each to lead Jacksonville to a 76-69 victory over North Florida on Wednesday night in the first round of the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament.
The Dolphins (19-11) play the winner of Thursday night’s game between Mercer and Belmont in the semifinals at 9 p.m. Friday.
Jacksonville, which shared the regular-season title with Lipscomb, Belmont and Campbell, had to hold off a rally by North Florida over the final 2 minutes. The Ospreys (13-18) pulled to within 73-69 with 20 seconds left.
Colbert scored 12 points in the first half, which ended with the Dolphins leading 34-28. Eni Cuka had 10 of his team-high 24 points for North Florida in the opening half.
Jacksonville won all three games against its city rival this season, taking 62-55 and 73-61 victories in the regular season.
- Roy Williams insists dizzy spells are no big deal
- No. 2 Maryland overpowers Bowie State 93-62
- Big Week: South Carolina could move to top of SEC standings
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson