Utah State easily defeats Fresno State 76-39
LOGAN, Utah (AP)—Tai Wesley scored 21 points and Utah State ran past Fresno State 76-39 Monday night to clinch a share of the Western Athletic Conference title.
Tyler Newbold added 12 points, all on 3-pointers for the Aggies (24-6, 13-2), who scored the game’s first 22 points while winning their 14th straight.
Mike Ladd and Paul George each scored 12 for the Bulldogs (14-17, 6-9).
Utah State opened the second half with a 24-7 run, pushing its 40-14 halftime lead to 64-21, the largest lead of the game, with 9:05 to play. Fresno State got no closer than 33 the rest of the way.
The Aggies shot 55.4 percent from the field while the Bulldogs shot a season-low 22.2 percent. Their point total was also a season low.
Brian Green added 11 points and Nate Bendall 10 for Utah State.
- Utah State easily defeats Fresno State 76-39
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2