Texas Southern overwhelms Alabama A&M 98-57
HOUSTON (AP)—Travele Jones scored 21 points and had 10 rebounds as Texas Southern routed Alabama A&M 98-57 Monday night in its final home game of the season.
Abdallah Boune added 19 points and Junior Treasure 16 for the Tigers (13-15, 9-7 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who led by 25 at halftime.
Bo Amusa scored 12 points to lead the Bulldogs (10-14, 7-9), who hit only 16-of-52 field goals (30.8 percent).
Texas Southern put together a 17-4 run late in the first half for a 40-16 advantage with 4:52 left before intermission and went into the break up 49-24.
Alabama A&M opened the second half with a 20-6 run to pull to within 11 with 15:43 to play. The Tigers responded with a 15-2 run and led by at least 22 the rest of the game.
- Texas Southern overwhelms Alabama A&M 98-57
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four