Jackson State beats Arkansas-Pine Bluff 57-54
JACKSON, Miss. (AP)—Garrison Johnson scored 18 points to lead Jackson State to a 57-54 win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff on Monday night.
Johnson shot 11-for-12 from the free throw line for the Tigers (17-11, 15-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who have now won 11 games in a row. De’Suan Dixon added a double-double with 10 points and 10 rebounds.
The Lions (13-15, 13-4) were paced by Terrell Kennedy, who finished with 11 points. Lebaron Weathers added 10 points for Arkansas-Pine Bluff, which snapped a seven-game win streak with the loss.
Both the Tigers and Lions sit atop the SWAC standings, with Jackson State holding a 1.5-game lead. But even if the Tigers lose their two remaining games and the Lions win their last contest, Jackson State would still win the tiebreaker, having swept the season series.
The Tigers defeated Arkansas-Pine Bluff 72-67 on Feb. 1.
- Millsap leads UAB past East Carolina 76-68
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- Rising Bears: Baylor unranked to No. 4 in less than month
- White leads Colorado to 68-66 win over No. 13 Xavier
- No. 6 Kentucky regroups with 87-63 rout of Valparaiso
- Williams-Goss leads No. 8 Gonzaga over Washington 98-71