Blakely sparks 78-69 Vermont win over Binghamton
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP)—Marqus Blakely scored 17 points, blocked three shots and had two steals in Vermont’s 78-69 win over Binghamton in the regular season finale for both teams on Sunday.
The Catamounts (22-9, 12-4 America East Conference) scored 15 points off 11 turnovers, including six off three Bearcats’ giveaways in a key late run.
Binghamton (13-8, 8-8) pulled within 67-63 with 3:24 remaining, but ran into turnover trouble.
Following a Bearcats’ turnover, Maurice Joseph grabbed the offensive rebound on a blocked shot and hit a layup with 2:48 left for a 67-63 Vermont lead.
Blakely then stole the inbounds pass and Garvey Young’s uncontested layup gave the Bearcats a 72-63 lead with 2:40 remaining. Blakely turned a Dylan Talley turnover into an 11-point advantage with 2 minutes left.
Talley finished with 20 points for Binghamton, which snapped a two-game winning streak.
- Funny TV blooper precedes Dayton-Xavier game
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78
- No. 9 Virginia pulls away from Pitt 64-50