Dahlman scores 18, Wofford beats The Citadel 75-66
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP)—Noah Dahlman scored 18 points for Wofford, which led all the way in a 75-66 victory over The Citadel on Saturday night.
Paced by Cameron Wells’ 25 points, The Citadel kept its deficit in single digits most of the game, and the Terriers (23-18, 15-3 Southern Conference) never led by more than 15 points, 65-50, with 6:02 left.
Both teams shot well, the Bulldogs (15-15, 9-9) making 52.9 percent (27-for-51) to the Terriers’ 52.2 percent (24-for-46). But Wofford had a big edge in free throws, going 21-for-27 to The Citadel’s 5-for-10.
Tim Johnson scored 10 points for Wofford, and Jamar Diggs had nine points and six assists.
Harrison DuPont scored 16 points for The Citadel.
The Citadel will play March 5 in the first round of the Southern Conference Tournament in Charlotte, N.C. Wofford, the top seed in the South Division, has a bye into the quarterfinals March 6.
- Ex-ball boy alleges Syracuse assistant molested him for 12 years
- Milton, Moore help No. 12 SMU rout South Florida 92-58
- McClellan, Newton lead No. 17 Miami past Georgia Tech 75-68
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations
- No. 14 West Virginia beats No. 15 Baylor 80-69