Durley, Wichita State whip Southern Illinois 76-55
WICHITA, Kan. (AP)—J.T. Durley scored 21 points on 7-of-11 shooting to lead Wichita State past Southern Illinois 76-55 in the regular-season finale Saturday.
Wichita State (23-8, 12-6 Missouri Valley) never trailed in improving to 17-0 at home. Clevin Hannah added 13 points for the Shockers, who will be the second seed in the conference tournament.
Southern Illinois (15-14, 6-12) was led by Kendal Brown-Surles’ season-high 15 points. The Salukis are locked into ninth place and will face Drake in the tournament.
Wichita State took control two minutes into the second half. The Shockers went on a 22-7 run over 10 minutes, allowing only one Southern Illinois field goal, and led 62-39. Durley scored nine of Wichita State’s points during the run.
Durley scored seven of Wichita State’s final 11 points of the first half to give the Shockers a 38-26 advantage at intermission.
- Durley, Wichita State whip Southern Illinois 76-55
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four