Durley, Wichita State whip Southern Illinois 76-55
WICHITA, Kan. (AP)—J.T. Durley scored 21 points on 7-of-11 shooting to lead Wichita State past Southern Illinois 76-55 in the regular-season finale Saturday.
Wichita State (23-8, 12-6 Missouri Valley) never trailed in improving to 17-0 at home. Clevin Hannah added 13 points for the Shockers, who will be the second seed in the conference tournament.
Southern Illinois (15-14, 6-12) was led by Kendal Brown-Surles’ season-high 15 points. The Salukis are locked into ninth place and will face Drake in the tournament.
Wichita State took control two minutes into the second half. The Shockers went on a 22-7 run over 10 minutes, allowing only one Southern Illinois field goal, and led 62-39. Durley scored nine of Wichita State’s points during the run.
Durley scored seven of Wichita State’s final 11 points of the first half to give the Shockers a 38-26 advantage at intermission.
- Duke assistant sheds light on the status of Kyrie Irving's toe
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims