Stephen F. Austin gets 20th win with 64-43 victory
NACOGDOCHES, Texas (AP)—Stephen F. Austin won its 20th game of the season and maintained sole possession of the No. 2 seed in the upcoming Southland Conference tournament with a 64-43 victory Saturday over Texas A&M Corpus Christi.
The Lumberjacks (20-7, 10-4 Southland), who have two regular-season games remaining, got 16 points from Jereal Scott and 11 apiece from Denzel Barnes and Eddie Williams. Barnes also had five steals.
Corpus Christi (14-14, 8-6), which was trying to pull into a tie with the Lumberjacks for that No. 2 seed, got 21 points and 11 rebounds from Justin Reynolds, but not much from anyone else. The Islanders made only six second-half field goals, when they shot 26 percent from the field.
Corpus Christi leading scorer Kevin Palmer, who came into the game averaging 19.6 points per game, was 3 for 14 from the field, committed six turnovers and finished with eight points.
- Stephen F. Austin gets 20th win with 64-43 victory
- Has Gonzaga finally silenced the doubters?
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Best bets for Sunday's NCAA Elite Eight matchups
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Oregon stuns Kansas to reach first Final Four in 78 years
- Gonzaga throttles Xavier to send Mark Few to his first Final Four
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself