Sam Houston State defeats Texas-Arlington 94-69
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Gilberto Clavell finished with 21 points and 11 rebounds and Sam Houston State defeated Texas-Arlington 94-69 Saturday night to clinch the Southland Conference regular season title.
Corey Allmond also scored 21 points, Preston Brown added 15 and Ashton Mitchell 11 for the Bearkats (21-6, 13-1), who took control early then coasted to their 13th win in the last 14 games.
Marquez Haynes, LaMarcus Reed and Brandon Long each scored 14 points to lead the Mavericks (16-11, 8-6), who lost for just the second time in 10 games.
Sam Houston State hit 10 3-pointers and converted 13 Arlington turnovers into 29 points in building a 51-28 halftime lead. The Bearkats pushed their advantage to as many as 30 in the second half and finished with 14 3s and 31 points off 16 turnovers.
- Prepare to be impressed by this woman's Pop-A-Shot skills
- Trier scores 18, No. 17 Arizona holds off UCLA 81-75
- Holder scores 20, Arizona State knocks off No. 23 USC, 74-67
- Disallowed Boise State buzzer-beater should have counted
- Monmouth stuns Rider late in 79-78 win
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold