Texas State defeats Northwestern State 89-75
NATCHITOCHES, La. (AP)—J.B. Conley scored a career-high 42 points to lead Texas State to an 89-75 victory over Northwestern State on Saturday.
Conley, a junior forward averaging 8.4 points, was 14-for-22 from the field, 12-for-20 from the line and had seven rebounds to help the Bobcats (13-15, 7-7 Southland Conference) win for the first time in three games. The 42 points were the most by a Texas State player since 1993-94.
Conley scored 22 in the first half as the Bobcats took a 45-36 lead and 20 after the break, but they didn’t pull away until John Rybak’s 3-pointer gave Texas State a 66-57 lead with 8:04 remaining.
The Bobcats led 79-65 on Conley’s layup with 3:44 to play.
Ryan White added 17 points and nine rebounds for Texas State.
Devon Baker scored 26 points, Will Pratt added 16 points and William Mosley had 11 rebounds for Northwestern State (10-17, 5-9).
- Texas State defeats Northwestern State 89-75
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four