North Texas defeated Louisiana-Monroe 74-71
MONROE, La. (AP)—Josh White scored 18 points and North Texas defeated Louisiana-Monroe 74-71 in the regular season finale for both teams on Saturday.
White, who was 13 of 16 from the free throw line, led four players in double figures for the Sun Belt West leading Mean Green (21-8, 13-5).
Tristan Thompson chipped in 14 points, and Collin Mangrum and George Odufuwa scored 10 each. Odufuwa, the Sun Belt’s leading rebounder at 10.3 per game, finished with 16 boards.
The Mean Green led 65-54 with 4:10 remaining, and the Warhawks (11-18, 6-12) went on an 8-1 run, bringing their deficit to four points. Tommie Sykes’ layup pulled Louisiana-Monroe within 66-62 with 2:14 to go.
However, North Texas went 6-for-6 from the free throw line from that point, sealing its eighth straight win.
Dynile Forbes scored 19 and Sykes finished with 12 for the Warhawks, who lost their fourth straight.
- North Texas defeated Louisiana-Monroe 74-71
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown