Montana St. 73, Montana 67
MISSOULA, Mont. (AP)—Will Bynum scored 22 points and Bobby Howard added 17 as Montana State clinched the No. 3 seed in the Big Sky Conference tournament with a 73-67 victory against Montana on Saturday night.
Howard had 12 rebounds for the Bobcats (15-13, 10-6 Big Sky), who tied Montana for third in the league standings but earned the higher seed due to sweeping the season series.
Tournament play begins on March 6 with the Bobcats hosting sixth-seeded Portland State and No. 5 Northern Arizona at fourth-seeded Montana. The semifinals and finals are in Ogden, Utah, on March 9-10; top-seeded Weber State and No. 2 Northern Colorado earned byes to the semis.
Anthony Johnson led Montana (19-9, 10-6) with 31 points, and Derek Selvig had 14.
- Montana St. 73, Montana 67
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look