Sacred Heart beats Monmouth NJ 68-63
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP)—Ryan Litke scored 16 points to lead five Sacred Heart players in double figures in a 68-63 win over Monmouth (N.J.) on Saturday night in both teams’ regular-season finale.
The Pioneers (14-15, 7-11 Northeast Conference), who played without their leading scorer Corey Hassan, who didn’t play because of a sore back, head into the conference tournament that starts March 4.
Jerrell Thompson finished with 12 points, seven assists and seven rebounds for Sacred Heart. Chauncey Hardy scored 14 points and Josh Marshall and Liam Potter each had 12 points.
The Hawks (12-18, 8-10) led 59-58 with 2:55 left in the second half on free throw by Travis Taylor, who led Monmouth with 30 points but had eight turnovers. The Pioneers regained a one-point advantage and ahead for good on Potter’s layup 2:38 left.
Marshall’s layup gave Sacred Heart a five-point cushion with 1:48 left.
- Struggling Providence reaches a new offseason low
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims
- Marist replaces Albany on Duke's basketball schedule
- Judge drops NCAA from lawsuit filed by ex-UNC athletes