Kent State defeats Miami, Ohio 66-58
KENT, Ohio (AP)—Justin Greene scored 18 points and grabbed 11 rebounds, and Kent State beat Miami (Ohio) 66-58 on Saturday night.
The Golden Flashes (22-8, 12-3 Mid-American Conference) have won four in a row and face Akron on March 5 with the MAC East Division regular season title on the line. Both teams are 12-3 in the conference.
Frank Henry-Ala added 12 points, and Anthony Simpson and Chris Singleton each had 11 for the Golden Flashes.
Kent State turned the ball over only four times but scored 13 points off 12 Miami miscues. The Golden Flashes led by 10 in the first half but Miami tied the game 41-41 with 14 minutes remaining. The Golden Flashes went on an 8-0 run to lead 49-41 after a Henry-Ala layup with 7:08 to play. Miami could get no closer than four points the rest of the way.
Julian Mavunga scored 17 points, Kenny Hayes had 15 and Nick Winbush 13 for Miami (12-17, 8-7).
- The weighing game: One-and-dones
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case