Jackson State defeats MVSU 63-52
JACKSON, Miss. (AP)—Garrison Johnson had 25 points and 11 rebounds, and Jackson State beat Mississippi Valley State 63-52 on Saturday night.
The Tigers (16-11, 14-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference), can clinch the No. 1 seed for the conference tournament with a win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff on March 1.
De’Suan Dixon added 15 points and Rod Melvin had 12 for the Tigers, who won their 10th game in a row and 16th in the past 17.
Jackson State led 30-23 at halftime and built a 14-point lead before the Delta Devils (8-21, 7-9) rallied. Trailing 44-33 with 12:13 to play, MVSU went on an 11-2 run to cut the lead to 46-44 after a 3-pointer by Ricky Lamb with 8:22 to play.
The Tigers answered with an 11-0 run to put the game out of reach.
Amos Studivant and Julius Cheeks each scored 10 points for the Delta Devils, who lost their third straight game.
- Wearing North Carolina colors costs Tar Heels fan his seat
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case