Hofstra defeats Georgia State 87-74
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP)—Charles Jenkins scored 29 points and Hofstra defeated Georgia State 87-74 on Saturday in the regular-season finale for both teams.
Jenkins—who also had seven rebounds and four assists—is one of five players in the country to average 20 points, four rebounds and three assists this season.
Cornelius Vines added 18 points, Halil Kanacevic had 16 and Chaz Williams contributed 10 assists for the Pride (18-13, 10-8 Colonial Athletic Association), who have won six straight.
Hofstra enters the conference tournament March 5 as the No. 7 seed.
Jenkins’ 3-pointer gave the Pride the lead for good, 23-22, with 8:14 to play in the first half. Hofstra kept a double-digit lead for the final 11:35 and grabbed its biggest lead at 82-65 on a free throw by Trey Hampton with 2:56 to play.
Joe Dukes scored 22 points for the Panthers (12-19, 5-13) and Xavier Hansbro added 11.
- Cleveland State cruises past Illinois-Chicago 70-53
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56