Middle Tennessee tops Florida Atlantic 66-57
BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP)—Desmond Yates scored 14 points as Middle Tennessee defeated Florida Atlantic 66-57 on Saturday night.
Calvin O’Neil added 13 points for the Blue Raiders (19-12, 13-5 Sun Belt Conference), while Trevor Ottley blocked five shots. Middle Tennessee closed out their regular season with three straight wins.
The Blue Raiders led by 17 points in the first half after two free throws from O’Neil made the score 32-15 with 3:30 left in the half. Middle Tennessee went into halftime with a 32-22 advantage, and would lead for the entire second half.
Greg Gantt scored 17 points to lead the Owls (14-15, 10-8), while Sanchez Hughley added 13 points and 11 rebounds. Florida Atlantic has lost three games in a row.
Middle Tennessee shot 43.1 percent from the field (22-for-51), including 50 percent from 3-point range (6-for-12).
- Middle Tennessee tops Florida Atlantic 66-57
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four