Creighton tops Bradley 82-71 for 4th place in MVC
OMAHA, Neb. (AP)—Kenny Lawson scored 20 points and Justin Carter had 17 as Creighton topped Bradley 82-71 Saturday in a battle for fourth place in the Missouri Valley Conference.
The Bluejays (16-14, 10-8) scored 13 of the first 16 points and led the entire way while extending their streak of conference seasons with at least 10 wins to 14 years.
Creighton, which shot 58 percent in the second half, swept its season series with the Braves (15-14, 9-9).
The teams will meet again in the MVC tournament quarterfinals Friday.
Taylor Brown scored a career-high 27 points for Bradley, 20 of which came after the break.
Bradley missed nine of its first 10 shots yet pulled within 33-32 at the half when Andrew Warren drained a buzzer-beater from midcourt.
The Braves had two shots to take the lead and another to tie early in the second half but missed all three times.
- Creighton tops Bradley 82-71 for 4th place in MVC
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four