W. Michigan 66, Cent. Michigan 74
MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. (AP)—Robbie Harman scored 22 points and Jordan Bitzer had a double-double to lift Central Michigan to a 74-66 victory over Western Michigan on Saturday.
Bitzer had 22 points and a team-leading 10 rebounds while Harman sank four 3-pointers for the Chippewas (14-14, 8-7 Mid-American), who committed just seven turnovers and forced 15.
The Chippewas won despite 31 points by Western Michigan career leader David Kool, who became only the 12th 2,000-point scorer in league history. He has 2,021. Kool went 8-for-19 from the floor and 14-for-14 from the line for the Broncos (15-14, 7-8).
With the Chippewas trailing 58-55, Harman hit a jumper, then a layup for a 59-58 lead with 6:00 left. Bitzer and William McClure followed with baskets, completing an 8-0 run that turned the game toward Central Michigan. The lead never fell below three after that.
- W. Michigan 66, Cent. Michigan 74
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown