Belmont defeats Kennesaw State 74-42
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Mick Hedgepeth scored 14 points to help Belmont clinch a share of the Atlantic Sun Conference title with a 74-42 victory over Kennesaw State on Saturday night.
Belmont (19-11, 14-6) finished in a four-way tie with Jacksonville, Campbell and Lipscomb, and will be the No. 3 seed for the conference tournament, which begins March 4 in Macon, Ga. The Bruins will play Mercer in the first round.
Belmont has a league-high six conference titles—three regular season and three tournament—in the past five years.
Ian Clark added 13 points and the Bruins forced 23 turnovers to win for the eighth time in nine games. Belmont shot 51.4 percent from the field (18-for-35) in the first half and hit 11 3-pointers in the game.
Belmont led by as many as 36 points.
Markeith Cummings scored 19 points for Kennesaw State (12-19, 7-13), which shot 24 percent from the field (12-for-50).
- Belmont defeats Kennesaw State 74-42
- Florida stuns Wisconsin in best game of NCAA tournament
- What to watch for in Kentucky vs. North Carolina
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- South Carolina stifles Baylor en route to Elite Eight
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- De'Aaron Fox carries Kentucky past UCLA
- Lonzo Ball 'looked disinterested', 'had one eye on the NBA'
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss
- Commercials during March Madness mistakenly thank Republicans for repealing Obamacare
- North Carolina storms past Butler behind hot shooting and a healthy Joel Berry
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look