Troy finishes with 64-57 win over Arkansas State
JONESBORO, Ark. (AP)—Brandon Hazzard scored a game-high 20 points to help Troy take a 64-57 win over Arkansas State and grab its share of the Sun Belt East Division title on Saturday night.
The Trojans (18-11, 13-5 Sun Belt) ended the season tied for the No. 1 in the division with Middle Tennessee, which beat Florida Atlantic on Saturday to also finish 13-5.
Having swept Middle Tennessee during the regular season, Troy will take the top seed in the Sun Belt Conference Championship tournament, which begins March 6.
Hazzard made 6 of 6 from the free-throw line and sank 4 of 9 tries from 3-point range for his third straight double-digit scoring game.
Michael Vogler also helped out the Trojans with 19 points.
Martavius Adams led the Red Wolves (16-13, 11-7) with 18 points and 14 rebounds. Sekani Milligen also scored 18 points.
- Has Drake eclipsed Ashley Judd as Kentucky's No. 1 fan?
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 3 Jayhawks cruise to 89-72 victory over Nebraska
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60