Troy finishes with 64-57 win over Arkansas State
JONESBORO, Ark. (AP)—Brandon Hazzard scored a game-high 20 points to help Troy take a 64-57 win over Arkansas State and grab its share of the Sun Belt East Division title on Saturday night.
The Trojans (18-11, 13-5 Sun Belt) ended the season tied for the No. 1 in the division with Middle Tennessee, which beat Florida Atlantic on Saturday to also finish 13-5.
Having swept Middle Tennessee during the regular season, Troy will take the top seed in the Sun Belt Conference Championship tournament, which begins March 6.
Hazzard made 6 of 6 from the free-throw line and sank 4 of 9 tries from 3-point range for his third straight double-digit scoring game.
Michael Vogler also helped out the Trojans with 19 points.
Martavius Adams led the Red Wolves (16-13, 11-7) with 18 points and 14 rebounds. Sekani Milligen also scored 18 points.
- North Carolina-Greensboro defeats Furman 88-78
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win