Waters leads Portland State past Idaho State 98-63
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—Dominic Waters scored a game-high 29 points to lead Portland State to a 98-63 victory over Idaho State on Friday night.
Melvin Jones added 22 points for the Vikings (11-17, 6-9 Big Sky), who snapped a five-game losing streak and secured a berth in the league’s postseason tournament. Jamie Jones added 15.
Amorrow Morgan led the Bengals (7-21, 4-11) with 21 points, and Demetrius Monroe chipped in with 15.
Waters broke open a tie game midway through the first half by scoring all 16 points during a 16-8 run that put the Vikings in front 34-26. Portland State then rattled off a 24-9 run that spanned both halves and put the game out of reach.
Portland State forced 22 turnovers and converted those errors into 31 points. The Vikings shot 51 percent despite starting the game 1-for-9 from the floor, and Idaho State shot 44 percent.
- Waters leads Portland State past Idaho State 98-63
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?