Yale defeats Dartmouth 55-45
HANOVER, N.H. (AP)—Austin Morgan scored 14 points and Yale defeated Dartmouth 55-45 on Friday night.
Michael Sands added 11 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Bulldogs (11-17, 5-6 Ivy League), who snapped a two-game losing streak. The Bulldogs have swept the season series three times in the past four seasons.
Leading 14-10 with 8:33 to play in the first half, Yale scored 10 straight points for a 24-10 lead after a 3-pointer by Porter Braswell with 4:23 to play. The lead never dipped below six points the rest of the game.
Dartmouth made only 25 percent of its field goal attempts (14 of 56) while Yale was good on 38.8 percent (19 of 49). Both teams committed 20 turnovers.
Robby Pride scored 13 points for the Big Green (5-20, 1-10), who have lost two in a row and nine of their past 10 games. Dartmouth won the battle on the boards 37-32.
- Yale defeats Dartmouth 55-45
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne