Fairleigh Dickinson beats Sacred Heart 64-59 in OT
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP)—Alvin Mofunanya had his seventh double-double of the season with 15 points and 15 rebounds and Mike Scott scored 16 as Fairleigh Dickinson rallied from a 19-point deficit to defeat Sacred Heart 64-59 in overtime on Thursday night.
The Knights (11-19, 10-7 Northeast Conference) swept the series with the Pioneers, also winning 88-85 on Jan. 2 after being down 22 points.
Sacred Heart (13-15, 6-11) took a 14-4 lead as the Knights made just one of their first 20 shots.
After the Pioneers led 43-24, Scott hit a 3-pointer to tie the score at 52 with 58 seconds to play, forcing overtime.
Sacred Heart missed three free throws in the final 2:21 of regulation.
The Knights took their first lead of the game, 54-52, 3 seconds into overtime and increased the lead to four.
The Pioneers pulled ahead 57-56, but Kamil Svrdlik scored off his own rebound for Fairleigh Dickinson.
- Snoop Dogg poses with UNC players in Raleigh, N.C.
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims