Fairleigh Dickinson beats Sacred Heart 64-59 in OT
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP)—Alvin Mofunanya had his seventh double-double of the season with 15 points and 15 rebounds and Mike Scott scored 16 as Fairleigh Dickinson rallied from a 19-point deficit to defeat Sacred Heart 64-59 in overtime on Thursday night.
The Knights (11-19, 10-7 Northeast Conference) swept the series with the Pioneers, also winning 88-85 on Jan. 2 after being down 22 points.
Sacred Heart (13-15, 6-11) took a 14-4 lead as the Knights made just one of their first 20 shots.
After the Pioneers led 43-24, Scott hit a 3-pointer to tie the score at 52 with 58 seconds to play, forcing overtime.
Sacred Heart missed three free throws in the final 2:21 of regulation.
The Knights took their first lead of the game, 54-52, 3 seconds into overtime and increased the lead to four.
The Pioneers pulled ahead 57-56, but Kamil Svrdlik scored off his own rebound for Fairleigh Dickinson.
- Fairleigh Dickinson beats Sacred Heart 64-59 in OT
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four