Robert Morris 76, Wagner 55
NEW YORK (AP)—Rob Robinson scored 16 points to lead Robert Morris to a 76-55 win over struggling Wagner on Thursday night.
Karon Abraham and Josiah Whitehead each finished with 11 points for the Colonials (20-10, 15-2 Northeast Conference), who have won four of their last five games. Dallas Green had 10 points.
Robert Morris, which never trailed, had its lead trimmed down to seven points when Wagner’s Chris Martin hit a 3-pointer with 16:56 left in the second half.
But the Seahawks (4-26, 2-15), who have lost seven straight, pulled no closer as the Colonials answered with a 14-2 run, capped by Whitehead’s jumper with 11:16 to play to push their lead to 55-36.
Martin and Tyler Murray led Wagner with 15 points apiece.
Robert Morris outrebounded the Seahawks 38-21. The Colonials also shot 51 percent from the floor (30-for-59) compared to Wagner, which shot 50 percent (23-for-46).
- Missouri coach Mike Anderson leaves for Arkansas
- University of Louisville president's resignation accepted
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- Iowa State's Prohm adds former Alabama coach to staff
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges