Nevada defeats San Jose State 83-79
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP)—Brandon Fields scored 23 points and Luke Babbitt added 21 as Nevada defeated San Jose State 83-79 Thursday night.
Adrian Oliver had his second straight 35-point game for the Spartans. It was second time this season that Oliver has had back-to-back 30 point games.
Oliver leads the Western Athletic Conference in scoring with a 23.3-point average. It was his eighth 30-point game of the season.
San Jose State (13-14, 5-8) grabbed a 78-76 lead with just 2:13 left on Oliver’s jump shot but Nevada (17-10, 9-4) went ahead with 1:14 remaining on Joey Shaw’s 3-pointer. The Wolf Pack scored seven of the game’s final eight points.
Armon Johnson added 18 points for Nevada.
It was Nevada’s sixth straight win against San Jose State. The win was the Wolf Pack’s fourth on the road this season.
Babbitt is second in the conference with a 21.6-point average.
- Nevada defeats San Jose State 83-79
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0