Nevada defeats San Jose State 83-79
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP)—Brandon Fields scored 23 points and Luke Babbitt added 21 as Nevada defeated San Jose State 83-79 Thursday night.
Adrian Oliver had his second straight 35-point game for the Spartans. It was second time this season that Oliver has had back-to-back 30 point games.
Oliver leads the Western Athletic Conference in scoring with a 23.3-point average. It was his eighth 30-point game of the season.
San Jose State (13-14, 5-8) grabbed a 78-76 lead with just 2:13 left on Oliver’s jump shot but Nevada (17-10, 9-4) went ahead with 1:14 remaining on Joey Shaw’s 3-pointer. The Wolf Pack scored seven of the game’s final eight points.
Armon Johnson added 18 points for Nevada.
It was Nevada’s sixth straight win against San Jose State. The win was the Wolf Pack’s fourth on the road this season.
Babbitt is second in the conference with a 21.6-point average.
- Ten startling stats from Kentucky’s 85-point exhibition victory
- Defending champion Oregon picked to repeat as Pac-12 winner
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth
- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals