East Tennessee State defeats North Florida 61-46
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Sheldon Cooley came off the bench to score 14 points and East Tennessee State beat North Florida 61-46 on Thursday night.
Micah Williams and Joe Sollazzo each scored 10 points for the Buccaneers (16-14, 12-7 Atlantic Sun Conference), who won their second straight game.
The Ospreys (13-16, 8-11) were held to 30.2 percent field goal shooting (16-for-53). The Buccaneers forced 19 turnovers and outscored the Ospreys 23-7 on those miscues.
North Florida came into the game averaging only 59.6 points per game and was held below 50 for the first time since a 45-43 win over Belmont on Jan. 14.
The Buccaneers led 30-19 at halftime and took their largest lead at 60-41 with 4:13 remaining. A layup by Sheldon Cooley capped the 10-0 run.
Andy Diaz scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Ospreys (13-16, 8-11).
- For TCU hoops, joining the Big East will be 'tremendously tough'
- Tar Heels ready for Final Four push after title-game loss
- Freshman class makes Duke a title favorite once again
- Gottfried hopes offseason changes get Wolfpack back to NCAAs
- UNC: Pinson out indefinitely with broken bone in right foot
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim has a sudden wealth of depth