Utah Valley St. 48, Houston Baptist 61
HOUSTON (AP)—Michael Moss scored 16 points, grabbed seven rebounds and made five assists to lead Houston Baptist past Utah Valley 61-48 on Thursday night.
The Huskies (8-19, 7-2 Great West) took the lead early, holding the Wolverines (11-16, 4-7) to just 18 points and 25 percent shooting from the field in the first half.
The Wolverines pulled within six points with eight minutes to go in the second period but could get no closer than that.
Wendell Preadom finished with 15 points for the Huskies and Andrew Gonzalez added 12.
Eric Dearden led Utah Valley in scoring with 16 points while Jordan Swarbrick finished with 10.
- Utah Valley St. 48, Houston Baptist 61
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Oregon team breakdown
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Butler team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown