Eastern Illinois turns away Austin Peay 83-73
CHARLESTON, Ill. (AP)—Tyler Laser and Jeremy Granger scored 21 points apiece to lead Eastern Illinois to its sixth consecutive victory in an 83-73 decision over Austin Peay on Thursday night.
James Hollowell added 12 and Shaun Pratl 11 for the Panthers (17-11, 10-7 Ohio Valley Conference), who have clinched fifth place but still have a shot at a first-round bye.
Wes Channels scored 23 points for the Governors (16-14, 10-7), who lost their second straight but can earn a bye with a victory Saturday at Southeast Missouri. Anthony Campbell had 13 and Tyrone Caldwell 10.
Austin Peay led 36-35 at the break, but Granger opened the second half with a basket that pushed Eastern Illinois ahead for good.
Eastern Illinois led 55-52 with 12:07 remaining before Pratl scored five straight points and Laser drained a 3-pointer for a 63-52 advantage, which the Panthers held the rest of the game.
- Eastern Illinois turns away Austin Peay 83-73
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four