Kasamba, Chicago State down North Dakota 71-61
CHICAGO (AP)—Kabangu Kasamba had a double-double with 20 points and 10 rebounds to lead Chicago State to a 71-61 victory over North Dakota on Thursday night.
Kasamba, held scoreless in the Cougars’ loss to the Fighting Sioux earlier this month, got help from Carl Montgomery’s 16 points and seven rebounds and Antonio Lofton’s 14 points. The Cougars (8-19, 3-6 Great West Conference) moved into a tie for sixth place.
Travis Bledsoe went 6 of 12 from 3-point range and scored a game-high 24 points for the Fighting Sioux (8-19, 5-4). Travis Mertens added 10 points, and Jordan Allard had seven rebounds.
North Dakota held its last lead at 20-18, and the game was tied 49-49 midway through the second half. But then Chicago State put up a 7-0 run and cruised home.
The Cougars lost 74-60 at North Dakota on Feb. 13 and had been idle since then.
- Kasamba, Chicago State down North Dakota 71-61
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four