Charleston Southern beats VMI 95-85
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP)—Kenny Mitchell scored 21 points and Kelvin Martin had a double-double to lead Charleston Southern to a 95-85 win over Virginia Military Institute on Thursday night.
Martin finished with 19 points and 13 rebounds—five offensive—for the Buccaneers (13-15, 7-10 Big South Conference), who clinched a playoff berth in the conference tournament.
Jamarco Warren scored 17 points, Jeremy Sexton had 14 points and five assists, and Austin Johnson added 12 points for Charleston Southern. The Buccaneers outrebounded VMI 42-28, despite giving up 10 3-pointers to the Keydets (10-17, 5-12).
Charleston Southern never trailed in the second half, building a 83-66 lead — it largest of the game—with 3:43 left.
Austin Kenon led VMI with 32 points and five assists. Stan Okoye scored 26 points and grabbed six rebounds, while Keith Gabriel had 12 points and Michael Sparks added 11.
- Arkansas's Courtney Fortson in trouble over tweet
- Hoosiers use late surge to upset No. 4 Hawkeyes 85-78
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89
- DeCosey scores 23, Temple rallies to beat UConn 63-58