Binghamton knocks off Hartford 66-53
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. (AP)—Kyrie Sutton scored 18 points and Greer Wright had a double-double to lead Binghamton to a 66-53 victory over Hartford on Wednesday night.
Wright had 16 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists as the Bearcats (13-17, 8-7 America East Conference) wrapped up fifth place for next week’s conference tournament.
Binghamton shot 50 percent from the field (14-for-28) in the second half to pull away from Hartford (7-21, 5-10), which lost its fourth straight game. The Hawks shot 28.2 percent from the field (11-for-29) in the second half and 29.7 percent (19-for-64) for the game.
The Bearcats stretched the lead to 42-34 on Wright’s three-point play with 11:14 remaining and went ahead 54-42 on Wright’s 3-pointer with 6:19 to play.
Dylan Talley scored 15 points and Moussa Camara added 11 points for Binghamton.
Joe Zeglinski scored 22 and Milton Burton added 11 for Hartford.
- Binghamton knocks off Hartford 66-53
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four