Binghamton knocks off Hartford 66-53
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. (AP)—Kyrie Sutton scored 18 points and Greer Wright had a double-double to lead Binghamton to a 66-53 victory over Hartford on Wednesday night.
Wright had 16 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists as the Bearcats (13-17, 8-7 America East Conference) wrapped up fifth place for next week’s conference tournament.
Binghamton shot 50 percent from the field (14-for-28) in the second half to pull away from Hartford (7-21, 5-10), which lost its fourth straight game. The Hawks shot 28.2 percent from the field (11-for-29) in the second half and 29.7 percent (19-for-64) for the game.
The Bearcats stretched the lead to 42-34 on Wright’s three-point play with 11:14 remaining and went ahead 54-42 on Wright’s 3-pointer with 6:19 to play.
Dylan Talley scored 15 points and Moussa Camara added 11 points for Binghamton.
Joe Zeglinski scored 22 and Milton Burton added 11 for Hartford.
- How a Providence blunder let Tim Duncan get away
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims