Texas A&M-Corpus Christi beats SE Louisiana 68-57
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP)—Kevin Palmer scored 26 points, and Texas A&M Corpus Christi withstood a late rally for a 68-57 victory against Southeastern Louisiana on Wednesday night.
Demond Watt added 17 points and nine rebounds for the Islanders (14-13, 8-5 Southland Conference), who had a 25-point second-half lead whittled to six in the last two minutes. A layup and three free throws by Palmer down the stretch helped seal the win.
Rodney Jones had 15 points and Patrick Sullivan 11 for the Lions (15-11, 7-6).
Watt, who shot 81.5 percent in his previous three games, was 6 of 10 from the floor for Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, which snapped a three-game losing streak.
- Butler, Gonzaga agree to an intriguing non-conference series
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out
- Missouri's suspended players Gant, Woods in doubt vs Vandy
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67