Western Michigan defeats Toledo 61-41
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Martelle McLemore scored 19 points to lead Western Michigan to a 61-41 victory over Toledo on Wednesday night.
Flenard Whitfield added 12 points and 13 players saw action for the Broncos (15-13, 7-7 Mid-American Conference), who shot 54.2 percent from the field (26-for-48).
Western Michigan used a 14-3 run to take a 39-24 lead on Donald Lawson’s layup with 14:37 left. McLemore and Nate Hutcheson each scored five points during the run.
Demetrius Ward hit a 3-pointer to push the lead to 49-29 with 10:37 remaining and Whitfield’s dunk gave the Broncos a 53-29 advantage with 7:05 to play.
McLemore finished with four 3-pointers and the Broncos shot 42.9 percent (6-for-14) from beyond the arc.
Jake Barnett scored 17 points and Justin Anyijong added 11 points for Toledo (3-26, 0-14), which has lost 19 consecutive games.
Western Michigan swept the season series.
- The departure of Darius Morris hampers Michigan’s revival
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
- NCAA to survey potential host cities on discrimination laws
- George Washington investigating basketball coach Lonergan
- Alabama AD completes cancer treatment, cleared to go home