Freeman’s shot lifts Ohio over Miami (Ohio) 70-68
ATHENS, Ohio (AP)—Tommy Freeman hit a 3-pointer with 0.6 seconds left to give Ohio University a 70-68 victory over Miami (Ohio) on Wednesday night.
DeVaughn Washington tied his career high with 25 points for the Bobcats (6-13, 6-8 Mid-American Conference) and Freeman scored 19 points, going 6-for-8 on 3-pointers.
The RedHawks (12-16, 8-6), who led by as many as 10 points in the first half and 28-22 at halftime, had regained a 67-66 lead with 9 seconds left on a jumper by Kenny Hayes.
Hayes scored 17 of his 20 points in the second half.
Washington scored a layup and four free throws for Ohio, which had come back to lead 66-65 after trailing 64-59 with 1:53 left.
Both teams shot well in the second half, with Ohio at 57.1 percent (16-for-28) and Miami at 63.6 percent (14-for-22). But the Bobcats were more effective on 3-pointers, going 5-for-8 in the second half to Miami’s 1-for-5.
- Oregon's crazy new basketball floor is quintessentially Oregon
- NCAA rules Florida's Gak ineligible to play in 2016-17
- Iowa State's Prohm adds former Alabama coach to staff
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network