New Mexico State rides 3-pointers past Idaho 74-57
LAS CRUCES, N.M. (AP)—Jahmar Young hit three of New Mexico State’s 12 3-pointers in a 74-57 victory over Idaho on Wednesday night.
Young’s 23 points led the Aggies (18-9, 10-3 Western Athletic), who won their third consecutive game and their sixth in the last seven. Wendell McKines added a double-double with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
Jonathan Gibson added 15 points on 3-for-6 shooting from 3-point range. New Mexico State was 12 of 26 from beyond the arc. Hamidu Rahman had 11 rebounds.
Kyle Barone and Kashif Watson led the Vandals (13-14, 4-9) with 10 points each.
New Mexico State closed the first half on a 15-2 run in the last 4:36 for a 41-23 lead. Idaho never got closer than 15 in the second half, and the lead peaked at 23.
- Meet Kevin Laue, Manhattan College's one-armed basketball stud
- No. 9 Baylor holds on 60-54 over Oklahoma to stay in 2nd
- No. 25 Wichita State rolls right through Evansville, 109-83
- Authorities investigating death of Clemson associate AD
- Allen's 3 lifts Virginia Tech past Clemson
- Smith leads with 16 as balanced Dayton tops George Mason