Houston ends 11-game slide against Memphis, 92-75
HOUSTON (AP)—Aubrey Coleman scored 34 points, his seventh 30-point game this season, and Houston snapped an 11-game losing streak to Memphis with a 92-75 victory Wednesday night.
Kelvin Lewis added 18 points for the Cougars (14-13, 6-7 Conference USA). Kendric Washington had a career-high 16 points, and Desmond Wade tied his career high with 10 assists.
Wesley Witherspoon scored 18 points to lead the Tigers (20-8, 10-3), who lost for the first time in five games.
Coleman, a senior, has 10 30-point games in his two seasons at Houston, the fifth most in school history.
The Cougars never trailed in snapping their losing streak to the Tigers, which dated to Feb. 5, 2005. Houston put together an early 18-3 run for a 22-7 advantage and led by double digits the rest of the game.
- By 2012, cream cheese may no longer be an NCAA violation
- Fox leads No. 5 Kentucky over Mississippi State 88-81
- Koenig leads No. 17 Wisconsin past Michigan, 68-64
- Rowan leads NC State past Pitt 79-74
- Gamecocks ranked again, play No. 19 Florida, No. 5 Kentucky
- Freshman Jonathan Isaac on a roll for No. 10 Florida State