George Washington defeats La Salle 81-72
WASHINGTON (AP)—Lasan Kromah scored 22 points and Dwayne Smith added a career-high 21 to lead George Washington to an 81-72 win over La Salle on Wednesday night.
Joseph Katuka’s layup put the Colonials (15-11, 5-8 Atlantic 10 Conference) ahead 61-60 with 8:39 to go, their first lead since the 15:08 mark.
George Washington pushed the lead to as many as five, before the Explorers (11-16, 3-10) tied it with 4:43 remaining.
However, Kromah hit a free throw, Smith a dunk and Kromah followed with a layup to put the Colonials ahead for good, 72-67, with 3:24 left.
Katuka finished with 10 points and a career-high 14 rebounds for George Washington, which snapped a four-game losing streak to La Salle.
Rodney Green scored 21 points to lead La Salle, which lost its seventh straight.
The Explorers shot just 17.6 percent from 3-point range in the second half.
- George Washington defeats La Salle 81-72
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four