Young, Creighton top Southern Illinois 83-78 in OT
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP)—Antoine Young scored a career-high 22 points, including six in overtime, to lead Creighton past Southern Illinois 83-78 on Tuesday night.
Justin Carter scored 15 points and Kenny Lawson Jr. added 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Bluejays (15-14, 9-8 Missouri Valley), who swept the season series.
Justin Bocot’s 21 points led the Salukis (15-13, 6-11). Carlton Fay added 18, Tony Freeman 14 and Gene Teague 11.
The Salukis led 72-68 with 2:00 left, but Young scored and then Darryl Ashford sent it to overtime tied 72-72 on two free throws with 51 seconds to play.
The Bluejays scored the first six points of overtime, four by Young. Southern Illinois came within 81-78 with 54 seconds to go, but Young scored with 28 seconds left and the Salukis missed four shots in the final 18 seconds.
Southern Illinois scoring leader Kevin Dillard sat with a sprained ankle.
- Young, Creighton top Southern Illinois 83-78 in OT
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot