Young, Creighton top Southern Illinois 83-78 in OT
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP)—Antoine Young scored a career-high 22 points, including six in overtime, to lead Creighton past Southern Illinois 83-78 on Tuesday night.
Justin Carter scored 15 points and Kenny Lawson Jr. added 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Bluejays (15-14, 9-8 Missouri Valley), who swept the season series.
Justin Bocot’s 21 points led the Salukis (15-13, 6-11). Carlton Fay added 18, Tony Freeman 14 and Gene Teague 11.
The Salukis led 72-68 with 2:00 left, but Young scored and then Darryl Ashford sent it to overtime tied 72-72 on two free throws with 51 seconds to play.
The Bluejays scored the first six points of overtime, four by Young. Southern Illinois came within 81-78 with 54 seconds to go, but Young scored with 28 seconds left and the Salukis missed four shots in the final 18 seconds.
Southern Illinois scoring leader Kevin Dillard sat with a sprained ankle.
- Charleston Southern overwhelms The Citadel 101-73
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89