Northern Colorado cruises to 88-67 victory
GREELEY, Colo. (AP)—Will Figures scored 22 points and Northern Colorado had little trouble defeating Johnson & Wales, Colo., 88-67 on Tuesday night.
Connor Osborne added 11 points and seven rebounds for the Bears (23-6), who won their third straight.
Northern Colorado is one victory from matching the school record for most wins in a season. The Bears went 24-6 in 1988-89.
Ethan Fisher led Johnson & Wales (15-13), an NAIA Division II school, with 19 points. Andrew Baker had 14 points for the Wildcats.
The game was a tuneup for Northern Colorado’s regular season finale Saturday at Sacramento State. A win would ensure the Bears the No. 2 seed in the upcoming Big Sky tournament.
- Northern Colorado cruises to 88-67 victory
- South Carolina rolls on without leading scorer, rebounder
- Center Yankuba Sima transferring from St. John's hoops team
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64
- No. 2 UCLA returns to college basketball's upper echelon
- Rising Bears: Baylor unranked to No. 4 in less than month