Hofstra knocks off Northeastern 73-62
BOSTON (AP)—Charles Jenkins scored 20 points to lead Hofstra to a 73-62 victory over Northeastern on Tuesday night.
Halil Kanacevic added 16 points and 11 rebounds and the Pride (17-13, 9-8 Colonial Athletic Association) outscored Northeastern 12-1 in the final 2:58 to break a 61-61 tie.
Jenkins scored on a layup for a 63-61 lead and Greg Washington grabbed an offensive rebound and scored to push the advantage to 65-61 with 2:31 left.
Jenkins, who added eight points and seven assists, scored on a jumper with 1:09 remaining before Hofstra finished the scoring from the free throw line.
Northeastern (18-11, 13-4) shot just 28 percent from the field (7-for-25) and missed all six of its 3-point attempts in the second half.
Cornelius Vines and Chaz Williams had 12 points each for Hofstra.
Nkem Ojougboh scored 15 points and Matt Janning added 12 for Northeastern.
- The Citadel overwhelms Montreat 109-64
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- No. 22 Kentucky blows out South Carolina 89-62
- Rosco Allen's 25 leads Stanford past No. 11 Oregon
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56
- No. 20 Providence ends skid with 75-72 win over Georgetown