Olson’s 3 lifts Seattle to 90-88 victory
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP)—Taylor Olson hit a 3-pointer with 5.4 seconds left to lift Seattle to a 90-88 victory over San Jose State on Monday night.
The Redhawks (14-14) gave up a five-point lead in the final three minutes and trailed 88-87 after Mac Peterson made two free throws with 10 seconds remaining for the Spartans (13-13).
Seattle’s Mike Boxley then quickly worked the ball up the court and found Olson, who was alone in the right corner. He hit the game-winning shot while falling backward.
Charles Garcia overcame a sluggish start and finished with 20 points for Seattle, which won for the fifth time in six games.
Adrian Oliver led San Jose State with 35 points. It is the seventh time this season Oliver has scored at least 30, a school record.
- Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim rips critical letter writer
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78