Arkansas-Pine Bluff prevails 57-53 in overtime
PINE BLUFF, Ark. (AP)—George Davis scored 13 points and Terrance Calvin finished with 10 points and 10 rebounds as Arkansas-Pine Bluff defeated Texas Southern 57-53 in overtime Monday night.
The Tigers (12-14, 8-6 Southwestern Athletic Conference) outscored the Golden Lions 12-4 over the final 7:42 of regulation to send the game into overtime, tied at 49. Pine Bluff, though, scored the first seven points of the extra period, and Texas Southern didn’t get closer than four the rest of the way.
Allen Smith added 10 points, including five in overtime, for the Golden Lions (12-14, 12-3), who won their sixth straight and for the seventh time in eight games.
Deandre Hall led the Tigers with 24 points, and Travele Jones had 11.
- The Baylor Bears, March's first Cinderellas
- Creighton's 113-58 win over Lancers biggest margin since '02
- McBrayer scores 18 as Minnesota overpowers Georgia Southern
- Wake beats UNC Greensboro 78-75 on late Crawford 3
- Sophomore center Sima to transfer from St. John's
- Peter Jok scores 23, Iowa upsets No. 25 Iowa State 78-64